Followers

Sunday, June 2, 2019

26 - Hail Damage

One of the hazards of living around the Rocky Mountain front range in Colorado is hail. A hail storm came through where I store the Orion just a couple of weeks after our late April 2019 return from Yuma. When I checked, I found the front and rear roof vent covers were broken from the hail. I put some tape over the cracks and holes to keep rain out until I could replace the covers.



I ordered replacement covers through Wal Mart online, which were delivered in a few days. I bought Camco brand, hoping they were made of a sturdier and more UV resistant plastic. The forward vent is over the drop-down bed. The old covers were translucent white. I ordered a black tint cover for over the bed thinking it would be darker to keep night light out, and cooler. Wrong. I could see through it better than the white one. So I coated it with white Flex Shield spray. I ended up with a white translucent cover after all, although it cuts the outside light more, and maybe the coating will protect it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment