Followers

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

25 - Ramblings

Feb-Mar 2019. As I mentioned in the last post, we did a 500 mile round-trip from Yuma to Oceanside and Temecula, CA in late Feb. Towing the Smart, got 13.2 MPG average. We dodged snow, cold weather, and rain but were comfortable. SoCal driving is nuts, but we manage. No new issues have surfaced in either the Transit or the Coachmen systems. The water system worked fine other than continuing to fight leaky drain valves as previously posted. Love the new faucet.

Studying the layout of the drain valve plumbing under the range, everything is really tight under there. I don't see enough room to put in the type of valve I pictured. All piping is PEX with crimp connections, and there is very little room to even reach in there, let alone work with tools. I think some major component removal will be necessary, like taking out all drawers, divider panels, and the microwave. Hate doing that. Maybe talk to the dealer or a RV repair shop for an opinion.

I have read about the changes Ford will be making starting with the 2020 Transit. There are many that will be improvements for RV use. From what I see, there will be new more powerful engines, a 10-speed automatic transmission, swiveling front seats option (are they moving the parking brake handle?), and lots of electronic options. Looks like a new dash design. It will be interesting to see what new RVs will become available based on the redesigned Transit. I would like to see a little more GVWR and towing capacity. A possible trade in our future? A #11 RV? Never say never. I still want a McLaren, but that will require some lottery success. Well, dream on...

3 comments:

  1. I’m not sure how to post on your site. But I have a 2018 Orion 24RB. The very large mirror in the bathroom came flying off the wall and could have seriously injured anyone that had been in the bathroom. I contracted Coachmen and told them that the two bottom mirror clips were installed incorrectly and that they needed to let owners know. Their response was “we started using different clips this Feb2019 —and said he’d take care of anyone else who brings it to his attention.” So, my take on this is that they aren’t issuing a warning to anyone; therefore, I am trying to warn anyone who has this RV that was built before Feb2019.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up. I hope the word gets out for owners to check. I relocated my mirror soon after purchase. It had been mounted on the rear wall too high and too far to the left. It was mounted with 3 clips and some double-stick tape and was pretty hard to remove, so I don't think it would have come off. I reused the clips and used tape again in the new position. It's firm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It should be ok as long as for the two bottom clips you put a screw through both pieces so that there’s no way the little adjustable part of the bottom clip could accidentally slide lower like mine did. Permanently lock in the bottom 2 clips and only let the top one adjust that is the clip manufacturers instructions.

    ReplyDelete