Followers

Sunday, June 2, 2019

27 - Remove TV-Gain Storage

Like many current RVs, the Orion comes with an outside TV. We have absolutely no use for an outside TV in our travel and camping style. Taking inspiration from another Orion owner, I removed the TV which opened up a decent bit of storage potential. The lower unit containing the DVD player and speakers is a pretty complicated installation with lots of wiring and impossible to remove from the outside without destroying the unit, so I decided to just leave it be.


Another motive was that I wanted a separate place to keep the sewer hose. I was putting it in a tote tray inside the small outside storage compartment behind the driver's door. That took a lot of space and also was where I stored my water hose and some spare parts. There is really no other outside area on the Orion to put a sewer hose container. The little compartment Coachmen provides is too small to stow a longer hose with the fittings attached.

I constructed a box to fit in the space where the TV had been. It is just big enough to hold a 15 ft. hose with fittings and the end adapter. Now I have extra space in the other compartment for tools.





No comments:

Post a Comment